God, in His great kindness and wisdom, created a beautiful world for us that contains everything we need. He gave us plants whose fruits are our food and whose leaves are our medicine. (Ezekiel 47:12) This blog explores my experiences learning to use herbs and essential oils for my family's health. I am a mom and an independent distributor of Young Living Essential Oils.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Peppermint Oil Rescue for Stomachache


I was woken up at 1:00 am by a child with a stomachache. I was so disoriented! I felt someone shaking my arm and looked up, but no one was there - however, the bedroom door was open.

I said to my husband, "Was _____  just in here?" and he said, "I don't know, but why is the door open?"

I got up and found my daughter on the couch. She said her stomach hurt really bad. I was so befuddled that I just stood there trying to remember what to do for a stomachache!

I went into the kitchen and picked up an empty bottle of Panaway.  I repeatedly tried to get the Panaway on her abdomen. She kept saying, "Mom, the bottle is empty."
(The full bottle was in my purse but I was too sleepy to remember that!) 

I finally remembered Peppermint  and got her a glass of water with a drop of Peppermint oil in it. Soon
she felt well enough to go back to her bed. She told me this morning that several times that night she kept thinking, "Mom, Thanks for helping me - I feel so much better!"
 I felt so glad that I could help her - even if I was half asleep!

There is a reason that Peppermint is one of Young Living's most popular essential oils, and is included in all the Start-Up Kits too!

Now that I am awake I realize that I could have also rubbed the peppermint oil on her abdomen (that was my reasoning in trying to use Panaway since I knew it had peppermint in it. But why didn't I just use the peppermint? Asleep!)

Another good oil I could have used for my daughter's stomach is Lemon, and Di-Gize is a blend of 8 oils known to be helpful for digestive problems - Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Juniper, Fennel, Lemongrass, Anise and Patchouli. Lemon, Peppermint, and Di-gize can all be applied topically or taken orally to relieve digestive problems.




To get started buying essential oils at wholesale prices, please click on the small lavender picture at the top right of the page, or go to youngliving.com. Open an account with Young Living and use this number (1401517) for your enroller and sponsor. A Preferred Customer buys at retail prices and a Distributor buys at wholesale prices. To become a distributor and get your oils at wholesale prices, with no selling required and no monthly quotas,  simply purchase one of the starter kits. The Premium Starter Kit is the best value and includes 11 bottles of essential oils, essential oil samples, an ultrasonic diffuser for aromatherapy (worth $100!), literature that explains all about the programs at Young Living, and more.

 Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, just a mom who loves taking care of my family. This information is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Please consult a qualified holistic health care practitioner for any medical needs you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment