God, in His great kindness and wisdom, created a beautiful world for us that contains everything we need. He gave us plants whose fruits are our food and whose leaves are our medicine. (Ezekiel 47:12) This blog explores my experiences learning to use herbs and essential oils for my family's health. I am a mom and an independent distributor of Young Living Essential Oils.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

That Wonderful Chest Rub!



I remember when I was a child the wonderful feeling of having a chest rub rubbed on right before I went to sleep. Soon I felt the soothing warmth spreading through my chest and throat, and I took deep breaths through my nose as my sinuses opened up. Now you can make your own chest rub that only contains natural ingredients (no petroleum jelly!)


Start with any organic cream you already have for a base, or use my basic balm recipe and add the oils once it has cooled. To every teaspoon of your base you will add a few drops of essential oils that help with upper respiratory problems.

Two of the best choices for this are Young Living's Raven and RC. Raven contains Ravensara, lemon, wintergreen, peppermint,  and Eucalyptus radiata oils. This combination of oils strengthens and supports the respiratory system. It is warming and cleansing and will help sooth the mucous membranes.

RC contains Eucalyptus globulus, Myrtle, Pine, Marjoram, Eucalyptus radiata, Eucalyptus citriodora, Lavender, Cypress, Tsuga, and Peppermint oils. It is also specifically blended for upper respiratory problems and is recommended to be alternated with Raven.

When I first started with Young Living Essential oils, I did not have Raven or RC, but looking in my Premium Starter kit I found plenty of oils available to make a great chest rub. Peppermint, Lemon and Lavender are included in the premium starter kit. Two other oils in the kit that are great for supporting the body's natural defenses are Thieves and Purification.

Frankincense is anti-infectious and an expectorant. (Frankincense is not supposed to be used for children under 6 years old, but is fine to be used diluted for older children and safe for Adults.)

PanAway is made up of Wintergreen, Helichrysum, Clove and Peppermint. It is formulated to relieve pain topically, but you can see by its ingredients that it would also make a good chest rub constituent.

As you can see there are many oils available to you just in the Premium Starter Kit alone. Experiment with what you like best and use what you have on hand. Store your rub in a glass container.

My chest rub is usually never the same two times running, but I plan on investing in Raven and RC in the future since they are proven, popular and already blended up for me.

I hope that you will make a Chest Rub and keep it on hand this winter. It has been very helpful to my family and I hope to yours too!




To get started buying essential oils at wholesale prices, please click on the small lavender picture at the top right of the page, or go to youngliving.com. Open an account with Young Living and use this number (1401517) for your enroller and sponsor. A Preferred Customer buys at retail prices and a Distributor buys at wholesale prices. To become a distributor and get your oils at wholesale prices, with no selling required and no monthly quotas,  simply purchase one of the starter kits. The Premium Starter Kit is the best value and includes 11 bottles of essential oils, essential oil samples, an ultrasonic diffuser for aromatherapy (worth $100!), literature that explains all about the programs at Young Living, and more.


Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, just a mom who loves taking care of my family. This information is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Please consult a qualified holistic health care practitioner for any medical needs you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment